Highpoint Community Bank to offer Education Scholarship
The Highpoint Community Bank scholarship is to award a high school senior accepted into a post-secondary education program in finance or a finance related field.
$ 4,000 ($1,000 per year up to four years).
Requirements for Scholarship Consideration
- Full-time student (full time equals 12 or more credit hours per semester), must be a Michigan resident and attend a Michigan or out of state community college or university providing a certificate, two year or four year degree.
- Student must be pursuing a certificate, associates or bachelor’s degree.
- Degree program must be finance-related; business administration, economics, accounting, etc.
- Student must maintain a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or better. A transcript must be provided to the Highpoint Community Bank Trust Department annually.
- Funds are paid directly to the college or university for credit to that individual’s tuition expense for the following semester.
- The student must show promise and leadership qualities. Attach a letter of recommendation.
- Applications must be received by Friday, April 13, 2018.
- Students in the following school districts may apply:
Barry County Christian School
Bellevue Community Schools
Caledonia Community Schools
Hastings Area Schools
Marshall Public Schools
Maple Valley Schools
Thornapple Kellogg Schools
Wayland Union Schools
“We are proud to be the financial partner for the KickStart to Career program and are committed to providing financial literacy to our school districts.” said Nancy Goodin, Marketing Director. “This scholarship is a continued commitment to helping students in our service area succeed with post-secondary education. We are aligning with the KickStart program by offering this scholarship to a student pursuing a certificate, associate’s degree or enrolling in a four year program.”
The application for this scholarship may be found on the bank’s website:
Highpoint Community Bank is a full service community bank with seven conveniently located branches in Bellevue, Caledonia, Hastings, Marshall, Middleville, Nashville and Wayland. They are located on the web at www.hastingscitybank.com. Member FDIC and Equal Housing Lender.
To view this news release as a PDF, click here.