Highpoint Community Bank is offering a personal loan for those whose employment or business has been affected by COVID-19. Features:
- No interest, no payments for 4 months
- 0% APR* for the first 4 months, then a fixed rate of 5.25% APR* for the remainder of the term up to 60 months total
- Loan amounts up to $2,500 with terms up to 36 months
- Loan amounts $2,501 to $5,000 with terms up to 60 months
- No processing fee
- Borrower(s) must have a qualifying event: laid off or reduced hours
- Previous income prior to layoffs or reduction in hours will be considered
- Apply Now
* Annual percentage rate. Payment example: a $2,500 loan with a 32 month term at 5.25% APR will have 32 monthly payments of $83.89. A $5,000 loan with a 56 month term at 5.25% APR would have 56 monthly payments of $100.86. With 0% fee, the APR is the same as the offering rates: 0% for 4 months and 5.25% APR for the remaining term. Subject to credit review and approval.
A message to our customers.
As a community bank, our role is to provide solutions to meet the financial needs of our customers and the communities we serve. If you are concerned about your ability to make a scheduled payment, as the result of the COVID-19 effect on your employment or business, please contact us at 888.422.2280. We have options to meet your needs during this time.
Highpoint Community Bank
Recognized for Exceptional Performance
Indisputably One of the Nation’s Strongest Banks
March 2020: Coral Gables, Florida, BauerFinancial, Inc., the Nation’s Premier Bank Rating Firm, commends Highpoint Community Bank, Hastings, Michigan on its achievement of another 5-Star Superior Rating. Not only has Highpoint Community Bank earned Bauer’s highest (5-Star) rating for financial strength and stability, it has maintained that top rating for 42 consecutive quarters, sailing
through one of the most trying economic times of our lifetimes and giving it an added designation of “Exceptional Performance Bank”. This status is reserved for banks that have earned Bauer’s highest rating consistently for at least 10 consecutive years. It also indicates that Highpoint Community Bank is indisputably one of the strongest banks in the nation.
“As the president of BauerFinancial, I am often asked what it takes to be a 5-Star bank,” reflects Karen Dorway, president of the research firm. “Like so many other things in life, success in banking boils down to knowledge. Knowledge of banking, of course, but knowledge of its customers and the communities the bank serves are equally important. This intimacy enables the bank to steer
clear of danger and work with customers for a common goal. It’s what gets so many community banks, like Highpoint Community Bank, through the tough times unscathed.”
Highpoint Community Bank was established in 1886 and has been working side by side with neighbors and friends for 134 years, helping to make the community what it is today. Currently, Highpoint Community Bank operates through seven conveniently located offices in Bellevue, Caledonia, Hastings, Marshall, Middleville, Nashville and Wayland and can also be found online at highpointcommunitybank.com.
Highpoint Community Bank: “Your Hometown Bank Since 1886.”
Member FDIC and an Equal Housing Lender.
BAUERFINANCIAL, Inc., Coral Gables, Florida, the nation’s leading independent bank and credit union rating and research firm, has been reporting on and analyzing the performance of U.S. banks and credit unions since 1983. No institution can pay for or opt out of a BauerFinancial rating. Star-ratings are all available for free at bauerfinancial.com.
BAUERFINANCIAL, INC. P.O. Box 143520, Coral Gables, FL 33114.
Highpoint Community Bank to offer Education Scholarship
The Highpoint Community Bank scholarship, founded in 2018, is to award a high school senior accepted into a post-secondary education program in finance or a finance related field.
$ 4,000 ($1,000 per year up to four years).
Requirements for Scholarship Consideration
- Full-time student (full time equals 12 or more credit hours per semester), must be a Michigan resident and attend a Michigan or out of state community college or university providing a certificate, two year or four year degree.
- Student must be pursuing a certificate, associates or bachelor’s degree.
- Degree program must be finance-related; business administration, economics, accounting, etc.
- Student must maintain a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or better. A transcript must be provided to the Highpoint Community Bank Trust Department annually.
- Funds are paid directly to the college or university for credit to that individual’s tuition expense for the following semester.
- The student must show promise and leadership qualities. Attach a letter of recommendation.
- Applications must be received by Wednesday, April 22, 2020.
- Students in the following school districts may apply:
Barry County Christian School
Bellevue Community Schools
Caledonia Community Schools
Delton Kellogg Schools
Hastings Area Schools
Marshall Public Schools
Maple Valley Schools
Thornapple Kellogg Schools
Wayland Union Schools
The application for this scholarship may be found on the bank’s website: